vrijdag 27 mei 2011

Must have WP7 apps

Been playing with my Windows Phone 7 for a month now and I wanted to share my thoughts on what my favorite apps are:

Applications

Silvernavigator

I’ve put this one on top because I think it’s great.  It’s a full blown navigation app with turn by turn directions.  The latest update also includes rotating maps.  Very handy to use and a must have if you want to use the phone as a GPS… at least until the Mango update delivers turn by turn navigation with Bing Maps

HomePipe

An application that allows you to share a PC folder with your Windows Phone device.  It’s nice to use but I wouldn’t recommend using this with 3G connection because it will actually download the file you get from the shared folder.  The free version is also limited in usage but still more than enough for the average user.  I use this mainly to share large pdf’s and so on.

Tech News

Simple RSS reader that reads from several tech sites and bundles the information for you.  Very good application when you’re bored in a waiting room.

Draw Free

Simple application that allows you to make little drawings with your finger.

Adobe PDF / Youtube

These don’t need any introduction I suppose.  Really must have applications.

Games

Need For Speed Underground

Very addictive game.  Only a shame they’ve made it so easy.  I was really surprised by the graphics in this game. 

Rise Of Glory

Didn’t buy this game because the free level on its own is more than enough for me (I’m not really a gamer).  It’s a flight simulator with some very nice graphics.  Don’t play this in public though because you’ll look like a retard.

Mars runner

Free game in which you have to fly a space craft and avoid the rocks.  In my opinion one of the best free games out there.

Ultra Air Hockey 2

Very simple finger air hockey game.  This one is also free and it’s hilarious when drunk.

Some apps I’m going to try when I have the time for it are:

Touchxperience

A coworker (where I work allot of people have WP7 :p) told me about this app and it looks very promising.  Look at this link to know more about it.

Hydro Thunder Go

So much commotion about this game that I’m looking forward to try it out 

Voxofon
I’ve installed this some time ago but haven’t had the time to use it.  It promises VOIP communication.

I probably didn’t even scratch the surface of all the apps out there so if you have any good applications you’d like to share, just let me know J.  Till next time.

1 opmerking:

  1. With full blown navigation aplications. with turn by turn directions.GPS mangos blown navigation app turn by turn direction with bing maps.Nice to sharing this article.great posting.web hosting review

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen