vrijdag 27 april 2012

Removing a stuck sim in the Samsung Omnia 7


After attending the call for projects for windows phone 7 I got a lumia 800 from David Henry for submitting three apps in the marketplace.  It took me a while to switch phones but yesterday I finally got to it.  So then I would do what you’re supposed to do when switching phones, switch your sim card from one phone to the other.  That didn’t seem to go well and my sim card broke in half while trying to get it out of the Omnia 7.  Luckily for me it was just the adapter for the micro sim that broke of so the actual sim card could still be used.

I then tried to use some tweezers to get the sim card out but that didn’t seem to do any good. My last option then was getting the metal casing off, which surprisingly wasn’t that hard to do.

The first thing you’ve got to do is go to your usb charger port on the top of your phone and use a needle or screwdriver to get the top off.



When that’s done you’ll see 3 screws, unscrew them.  When the screws are out you can take the top lit off and slide the metal casing of your Omnia 7.



It’s that easy :-)  I didn’t see any warranty stickers or anything that can indicate loss of warranty so I think you’ll be safe on that part.  Removing the metal casing also doesn’t expose any of the electronics inside so there isn’t any risk of damaging anything.

Next posts I’ll try to cover some bits and pieces of the lumia 800.  Until next time ;-)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten